Become a Remote Multisensory Math Coach
with our rapidly growing company!
Online Multisensory Math Tutor – Level 1
Location: Remote – Must live in Idaho, Washington, or Texas
Are you looking to make an impact while enjoying a flexible schedule? Come work as an online multisensory math tutor where you make a difference in the lives of students with learning differences such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADD, and autism.
Math for Middles is a rapidly expanding startup aimed at helping students that need multisensory math techniques made available to them regardless of location. Our employees love the flexibility that online work gives them with better compensation than most tutoring companies offer. We believe in learning together as a company to better serve our students and families.
Families love the convenience of online tutoring and the effectiveness of our tutor sessions.
We’re looking for a part-time online tutor to join our team. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, love of math, and enjoy working with teenagers. Tutor must have experience tutoring or teaching at least one of these topics: algebra, linear algebra, geometry, or pre-calculus.
- Starting hourly pay is $15 per hour during the training period, then increases according to your ability
- Working 10 -20 hours per week
- All training included
All of our tutors work remotely from home or on the road. You’ll need reliable internet, a computer, and webcam. Currently, you must reside in the state of Idaho, Washington, or Texas. Please don’t apply if you don’t live in these locations.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great pay
- Opportunities for growth in the company
- Afternoon/evening hours
- All online and from your home
- Love working with technology.
- Are quick to respond to text messages and email.
- Can follow directions and keep high standards of service.
- Creative and quick to adjust your lessons for your students
A typical day/week looks like…
- Working online with students from 4 pm Eastern to 10 pm Eastern
- Responding to text and email messages from families/students
- Uploading recordings of tutor sessions and sharing
- Answering Voxer messages from the MFM team
- Attending staff meetings and working on learning new methods for math
- Lesson planning using the CRA method (Concrete – Representational – Abstract)
Please make a YouTube video telling us about you, why you want to work at Math for Middles and SELL us on why you’re awesome. Show us your skills by doing a short lesson on how to combine like terms using the CRA method.
If you don’t know what that is, please do a search on our website to learn more and apply what you’ve learned. We won’t respond to anyone who doesn’t post a YouTube video. (You can make the video “Unlisted” so only we know about it, but please don’t make it “Private” or we won’t be able to see it.) *
Note: Position is Remote. Flexible hours but part-time expected.
About Math for Middles
MFM is a great choice for families fed up with traditional tutoring not meeting their child's needs.
It's time for a different approach.
Our coaches have training in multisensory math techniques and special training that allows us to work confidently with middle school math student's that have diagnosed and undiagnosed learning differences.
We have worked with students that struggle with executive functioning, ADD, dyslexia, poor working memory problems, and autism.